MIT Handyboard System
HB-IC-HANDYBUG-DB9/HB-IC-HANDYBUG-DB25/HB-IC-HANDYBUG-DIN5 (Mac) ........US$669.00
Assembled and Tested MIT Handyboard Complete Set (Ready-to-Run) with HB Expansion Board and Licensed version Interactive-C 3.x and LEGO HandyBug mobile robot base that illustrated in Dr. Fred Martin's book " Robotic Exploration: An Hands-on Introduction to Engineering "
The LEGO based HandyBug mobile robot is illustrated in the Dr. Fred Martin's book Robotic Explorations: A Hands-on Introduction to Engineering . The book used the HandyBug mobile robot platform and Handyboard to teach the robotic concepts and programming. The book has full of examples and Interactive-C source code about how to program and integrate the sensors with the HandyBug and Handyboard. The package comes with all LEGO parts that recommended from the book.
The HandyBug comes with complete Handyboard development system, the book, and other accssories. It is fully assembled and tested.
Handyboard and LEGO are used in MIT 6.270 LEGO Robot Design contest .
The package includes:
- MIT Handyboard ( latest version is v1.2.1 ) and Serial/Battery charger boards with ALL components soldered All components on both boards (MC68HC 11A 1, SN754410 motor drivers*, IR demodulator...etc.)
- Assembled and Tested MIT Handyboard Expansion Board (with software library)
- 16x2 LCD display (STN type)
- RJ11 modular cable for connecting Serial/Charger board to Handyboard main board
- DB9 or DB25 or Mac Serial downloading cable (please select one). This is to connect your Serial/Charger board to PC serial port (either DB9 or DB25 or Mac)
- Licensed version Interactive-C (available in many platforms) with Handyboard Expansion Board software library
- FREE IC is released . Get it from http://www.kipr.org/ic/download/ . Development work was sponsored by the KISS Institute For Practical Robotics, a non-profit educational organization. IC Version is free to use. It is assumed to be used with HB Expansion board .
- Battery holder (8 x 1.5v AA Size)
- Under-neath battery case
- 9.6V NiCd rechargable battery pack
- 1 set of HB-SENSOR Complete Sensor Set (with application note)
- LEGO HandyBug Mobile Robot Base
- Dr. Fred Martin's Handyboard book " Robotic Explorations: A Hands-on Introduction to Engineering "
- Handyboard Technical Reference in Acrobat format on CD (with Interactive-C manual) (75-page)
- L293D datasheet in Acrobat format on CD
- Assembled and Tested, Ready-to-Run by just providing any 8 pcs of AA size batteries (Alkaline, NiCd rechargable, or NiMh rechargable battery) to the provided battery holder or using any DC adpaters available in your local electronic appliances stores (>12V 500mA).
- Nuts and screws, spaces, and 2 photo-resistor sensors for the experiment.
- Educational Discount available
*NOTE: All our Handyboard now comes with 4 High Current (1.1Amp) Bi-Directional Motor driver chip.